Friday, May 16, 2008

Bridesmaids Dresses: "Before and After"



After searching for dresses in powdery yellow or baby blue, here is the beautiful dress we purchased from a store called CATO for the bridesmaids and flower girl for our daughter's wedding. Three modifications were made including: snaps in the bodice front, an inset for the bodice back which snaps to the inside of the back opening and the addition of bell sleeves. During the last hour they girls decided to pull the colors together by tying a blue ribbon around the waist instead of using the string ties which were included with the dresses. All the girls were thrilled to be comfortable and were happy with the results.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My daughter was one of the bridesmaids, and she loves this dress. It is amazing that someone could look at this immodest dress and see it's full potential of being modest. The alterations are so good, that one would never know without the "before" picture. Everything is perfect! This dress is much like my relationship with the Lord. Here I am, a dress that is missing pieces to make it modest. I find Jesus and bring Him into my life and along and along, He's added the things into my life or my "dress" to make it much more acceptable unto my Heavenly Father. Just a litte love and care and that dress became the perfect dress for the wedding. I hope that with Jesus' continued loving care I will continue in allowing Him to make me the perfect daughter to return home to my Heavenly Father!